Travel tips for...



Correct me if I’m wrong, but what I’m getting is that you are asking whether there is a pass to travel within the cities around Tokyo?

If so, yes, you can get a 3-day JR Tokyo wide pass to transfer between cities in the Kanto Area (Gunma, Tochigi, Ibaraki, Saitama, Tokyo, Chiba, and Kanagawa Prefecture). It costs 10,000 yen for 3 days, which you can use for all JR East lines and many other routes. For more information on which route, what line, train, and Shinkansen you can take with the pass, click here

But, if you are asking whether there is a 2/3 day pass to travel between cities in all of Japan, there’s none. There are only 7-day, 14-day, and 21-day JR rail passes. If you are traveling around Japan from one prefecture to another (and cities), like from Tokyo to Osaka, or Hokkaido, etc, getting the JR Rail Pass is definitely so much cheaper and easier.

If you are going to explore the museums and parks, definitely check where they are located first. If they are located in the same area, you can visit one after the other without going back and forth taking the train. For example from Harajuku area to Shibuya area, you can opt to walk rather than taking the train. The distance is not far and you can explore the area as well. If you are not getting the pass, you can purchase a prepaid card (called Paso or Suica) to make it easier for you (and cost a few yen cheaper), so you don’t have to buy tickets every time you take the train.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have further questions.

Plan your trip to Tokyo

Chat with a local tour guide who can help organize your trip. Request a Tour!