I am planing to visit Japan in Dec1st week, will be visiting Hakone for 1 day. I will be buying the Hakone free pass from Odawara and plan to complete the loop including the open air museum in Gora.
Kindly advise on below things :
1. Is pampas grass fields good for visiting during dec 1st week ( need to take roundtrip bus from Togendai station). Are buses frequent to that place?
2. Does Cedar Avenue between Moto-Hakone and Hakone-machi have entry fee?
3. Is Choanji temple good?
Most importantly can i cover these places and return to Tokyo by night?
Thanks in advance, looking forward to your suggestions.
As far as I know,
1. It depends on that year’s climate, but maybe too late since Hakone is located high. There seem to be frequent buses though.
2. No, it’s free. It’s a nice walk.
3. Sorry, no idea about this temple… but you can have some information about Choan-ji temple here: